In a time when we find ourselves at home more often, to keep a sense of community going I’ve arranged a Marvel: Crisis Protocol painting contest.
I’ve recruited a couple of great judges to adjudicate on the entries.
Dallas Kemp is the Sculpting Director at Atomic Mass Games, and if you’ve caught any of his streams, you’ll know how talented a painter he is.
Sorastro makes some amazing YouTube videos painting M:CP figures. His tutorial on Cap’s shield in particular has inspired a lot of Caps I’ve seen.
Between them, they will choose a winner across each of the three categories as well as awarding entries meeting their exacting standards Gold, Silver or Bronze awards.
1. Heroes for Hire
This category is for commission painters. Not only do you get bragging rights and to claim you are an award winning commission painter, but we will post links to commission painter entries so that you might attract new customers when they see you excellent work.
2. The New Avengers
This category is for those who have only recently started painting – in the last 6 months. If M:CP has been your introduction to painting we want to celebrate your efforts and achievements so far.
3. To me, my X-Men
The final category is for anyone that doesn’t fit in the previous two. An open category for you to showcase your best efforts.
Rules of Entry
- Each entrant may only submit one entry in one category.
- Entries must be received by April 18th 2020.
- Up to 5 photos may be submitted of the model being entered.
- All entries must be using Crisis Protocol character miniatures, which will not be provided to Participants. Conversions must consist of fifty-one percent (51%) or more of Crisis Protocol miniatures. Conversions must be composed entirely of Crisis Protocol miniature parts and/or scratch-built parts.
- All entries must be identifiable as the character they represent.
- All entries must not bear likeness to any person(s) living or dead.
- Entries may not include elements of other intellectual property (“IP”) or license(s) including, but not limited to, sports teams, cartoon characters, and products.
- The Judges’ decision is final.
- All entries will be published on Xavier Protocols after the judging has been completed.
How to enter
First, paint your model. Then send up to 5 photos to [email address removed], with your name, category and if relevant link to your Facebook/website of your commission painting service. Don’t submit on Facebook, as they will compress your images.
For some advice on how to take great photos with a smart phone, have a look here.